How To Get Here
By Road - If approaching from the south, the F3 freeway from Sydney will have you arriving in Newcastle in approximatley 2 hours from Sydney. The Civic Theatre is right in the centre of the city at 375 Hunter St Newcastle.
There are a number of parking options surrounding Civic Theatre Newcastle. The most convenient being:
- Civic West Parking Station, located at Gibson Street and a 5 minute walk to the theatre. Open 24 hours 7 days a week, Parking fees apply (02 4357 9997).
- Wharf Road Car Park, Newcastle, located near the Crown Plaza Hotel with Entry via Centenary or Wharf Roads. Parking fees apply (1800 727 5464).
- Wright Lane Car Park, located near Newcastle Museum and a 5 minute walk to the theatre. Parking fees apply.
- Civic Car Park, located behind City Library with entry via Darby Street and a 5 minute walk to the theatre. Open 24 hours 7 days a week. Parking fees apply.
- On street parking and metered parking surrounding the Civic Theatre includes King Street & Auckland Street. Please see street signs.
In an Australian first, motorists can now access new digital parking technology that guides them to available parking spaces within the Newcastle CBD.
The Find & Park function is the latest addition to City of Newcastle’s popular EasyPark app, which allows users to pay for parking and top up any additional time needed, remotely, using just their smart phone.
Find & Park has helped revolutionise parking in several European cities, and now Newcastle has been selected as the first city in Australia. To use Find & Park, motorists just need to open the EasyPark app and click ‘Find’, then enter their destination.
An in-built map then guides them to the best parking area which is closest to their destination.
The Find & Park map provides motorists with colour-coded ‘easy’, ‘moderate’ or ‘difficult’ options for on-street parking closest to their destination.
The EasyPark app can be downloaded via the Apple app store by typing EasyPark or at Google Play for Android users. Just look for the bright pink square with the white ‘e’ in it.
By Air - Newcastle Airport (Williamtown) is the major regional airport and is located 30 minutes from Newcastle city centre. Many direct flights are available on a daily basis from Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
By Rail - Newcastle is part of the Transport NSW Network. There are frequent return services daily from the Central Coast and Sydney to Hamilton & the Newcastle Interchange with connecting Light Rail into Newcastle city.
By Light Rail - The best light rail station for Civic and Playhouse Theatres is called Civic.
By Bus - The closest bus stops are on King Street (near the corner of Auckland St) & Darby St.
By Taxi - Two local taxi companies are Newcastle Taxis (131 008) and Newcastle Hire Cars (02 4960 1800)