The Public Health Order commenced on 10 November 2021 and is in force.
It is expected the PHO will be updated 15 December 2021, we will be in touch pre-show by email with any updates on restrictions that affect the performance you are attending.
Click on the COVIDSafe tick to see our COVIDSafe Plan.
The Civic Theatre is a registered COVIDSafe venue.
We have enhanced health and hygiene measures in place to put the health and safety of all visitors and staff at the forefront of what we do.
Our venues and events are operating under COVID Safety measures in accordance with NSW Health guidelines and the Public Health Order (PHO).
We are currently operating at 100% capacity across all our seated venues.
The Civic Theatre team will monitor the movements, attendance numbers, compliance, and comfort levels of the public. Front of House staff will be onsite to assist patrons. Please listen to the requests of our staff, they are working to keep us all safe.
Customers acknowledge that while the venue has taken all reasonable health and safety precautions to keep the audience, staff and performers safe, they enter the venue at their own risk without recourse to claim against the venue regarding health outcomes.
COVIDSafe Ticketing Terms and Conditions
Flexible Ticket Exchange
For the safety and wellbeing of all ticket holders, you must not visit our venues if you:
Feel unwell with or are displaying any of the COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of smell or loss of taste;
Have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
Are currently required to self-isolate as directed by NSW Health
Have been in contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 in the last 14 days
If you can no longer attend due to one of the above reasons, please contact our Ticket Office no later than four hours before the event begins on email@example.com or during business hours on 49291977. Please include your name, contact number and show you were attending. Options for you may include:
Exchanging tickets to a different performance at one of our venues. If you exchange for a lower value ticket, we will refund you the difference. If you exchange for a higher value ticket, we will charge you the difference.
Issuing a Civic Theatre Ticket Office Gift Voucher for the full value of your ticket with a validity period of three years from date of issue.
A refund to the value of your ticket, back to the card the booking was initially paid with (we may require reasons and/or evidence supporting your request for a refund)
If you notify the ticket office within 4 hours of a performance commencing, we are unable to offer any of the above, but you are welcome to give your ticket to someone else to attend in your place. If your tickets are Ticket Office collect, please contact us with the name change
- You will receive a booking confirmation once you have completed your purchase. If you have requested eTickets, your tickets will be attached.
- Customers must either print their PDF ticket/s or ensure their ticket/s are available on their phones
- Valid photo ID is required by the purchaser to gain entry to the Venue
- Babes in Arms are now included in total capacity and as a result now require a Babes in Arms ticket
At the Event
- The customer is responsible for having their ticket/s available on their phone or printed out, clearly visible, for checking at the door.
- Customers agree to abide by all physical distancing, health protocols and the Venue’s COVIDSafe plan
- Customers agree to follow the instructions of Venue staff at all times
- If customers do not comply with protocols, or authorised requests, they will be asked to leave immediately without refund or further recourse
- Facemasks must be worn indoors for all shows until December 31, 2021
- These Terms are in addition to the regular Terms and Conditions for ticketing.
Please note that patrons may be seated directly next to other attendees.
Refunds & Reschedules
Due to COVID-19 many shows have had to be rescheduled. When a show is moved to a new date, it is updated on the Civic Theatre website, Civic Theatre Facebook page & event, venue signage, Instagram and all ticket holders are emailed using the email address they used to purchase tickets (or phoned if no email contact is left).
Customers have four weeks from the announcement of the new date to get in contact with the Theatre and request a refund if they are not available for the new show date. After the four weeks, refunds are closed. Tickets are valid at the new date (seats remain the same) unless advised.
Customers are encoaraged to check the Civic Theatre website for information regarding their shows. Please also check for emails from your ticketing agent.